Stage 1a, grade 1 multifocal IDC with DCIS. Lump on forehead. Could this be bone mets to the skull?

Oncologist, Radiation
In July 2011 I was diagnosed with Stage 1a, grade 1 multifocal IDC with DCIS. The largest focus was 2mm. My oncotype dc score was 8. I had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy (I was >90 estrogen positive and 41). I now take arimidex. All has been well but today I woke up with a marble sized hard lump on my forehead. Could this be bone mets to the skull?
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. J. Krueger 11 hours later

The cure rate with your cancer is 99%. It is very unlikely your cancer will ever recur anywhere in your body.

The lump on your forehead may probably be a spider bite, which occurred during the night.

If the bump does not completely disappear within three days, you should definitely visit your family doctor.

Please do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.

Follow-up: Stage 1a, grade 1 multifocal IDC with DCIS. Lump on forehead. Could this be bone mets to the skull? 5 hours later
Dr. Krueger,

Thank you for your reply. I do realize I have an excellent prognosis, but this lump appeared out of blue and is very hard and does not can now slightly see the bump when you look at my face and it is tender (perhaps from me pressing on it). Is it possible to have a lump from an injury without a bruise? It feels like a solid marble...very smooth. I also have a slight headache. My bloodwork last month showed my calcium to be 9.8 and my alkaline phosphate to be 85. (Since my hysterectomy and starting on Arimidex my ALP has gone from 60’s to low 80’s). Is that reasonable? Would these be more elevated with bone mets? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Answered by Dr. J. Krueger 7 hours later
Yes, you may have bumped your head while sleeping. It is very, very unlikely you have bone mets. The bump will probably disappear in a few days. Apart from mets, there are other reasons for the ALP levels to be elevated. If it does not go away in three days then you should visit your family doctor.
I think you will be okay if you leave the bump alone for a few days.
Dr. Krueger