Squamous cell tumor removed from forehead. Have dry skin and red spots on penis. STI?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am a sexually non-active (except for masturbation) XXXXXXX man who gets occasional happy-ending massages for relief. Five days ago I had a massage from a new therapist -- very professional and clean -- who briefly put his mouth on my penis. Today I woke up with a very small red spot on the top of the shaft, about two thirds of the way to the base. It is very smal, flat, and disappears when I stretch the skin. I do have some dry skin on other parts of my body and recently had a squamous cell tumor removed from my forehead. Does this sound like an STI or anything else I should be concerned about. No itching or pain, etc. Just a flat red oval on the skin. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
From the description that you have provided, it seems to be due to a simple dermatitis or a dry skin. This is not suggestive of any STI.
The sexually transmitted infections that are most common are trichomonas, gonorrhoea, chlamydia, herpes, syphillis, HIV, hepatitis B.
Most of these present with irritation inside the penis, burning on urination and discharge which can be yellow, greenish or in some cases white. 70% of persons do not have any symptoms at all. It is diagnosed by STI screening using a urethral swab.
There are no symptoms that are immediately suggestive of an STI but , of course, they are silent in a large number of persons.
You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment and screening.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.