Sprained ankle and having pain. Feels tender. Gave ibuprofen. Healing process?

i sprained my ankle two weeks ago and still feel pain. Its not swollen but is very very tender my doctor gave me ibuprofen 600 mgs how long is the healing process
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 39 minutes later
The time for healing is 2-6 weeks and depends on initial injury and it's severity.
You should ensure maximum rest, do not climb stairs, use crepe bandage locally during day and keep the foot elevated by one foot at bedtime by putting two pillows under it.
Ibuprofen should be switched for paracetamol+tramadol preparation to be taken twice a day till pain is there.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Sprained ankle and having pain. Feels tender. Gave ibuprofen. Healing process? 16 minutes later
Thank you for the reply. Should i see a physical therapist or just give it time to heal. I do walk alot due to the nature of my job. Any home remedies? I will see my doctor to get that prescription. How about any exercises?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 9 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You should manage to limit walking and ensure rest and less mobility at ankle. No exercises, only light movements while in bed.
I have told you the measure applicable at home only, household nuskhas are of unproven value.
I think you should give it a trial with advised medicines.