Spots under armpit, non itchy, no pain. Rash?

idk if this in general or not but i just saw i had a few XXXXXXX spots under both of my armpits, they dont hurt or itch and my wife says they feel/seem like a rash. I looked online and there is a million differnt causes most very scary, should i be worried? oh i should let you know i switched from bar soap to gel
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 59 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You have few spots under your arm pit and they do not hurt or itch. You have recently switched from your bar soap to gel. There is no need to worry.

Skin inflammation or rashes can be caused by an adverse reaction to anything that touches your skin, including chemicals found in a detergent, soap, or fragrance. You may develop a rash under your arm when wearing a shirt that was washed with a particular detergent or treated with a chemical. Since you have recently changed your soap to gel, it might be the reason.

Exposure to certain plants, such as poison oak or ivy, an animal bite, or an insect sting, peanuts, shellfish, strawberries and avocados are some of the foods that can also trigger allergic reactions. If you remember eating these, you can make a list of the food which can trigger this and avoid it.

I suggest that you try the following measures.

1. Wearing clothes that are loose around the underarms and also keeping the affected area as clean as possible.

2. You should avoid prolonged exposure to intense activity or heat which in turn causes excess perspiration which may further worsen the armpit rash.

3. You could use natural products for the treatment of underarm rash such as aloe vera, tea tree oil and even vitamin E enriched lotions.

4. If you feel using a new gel or soap is causing this, you should avoid it.

If the armpit rash is associated with fever and other flu-like symptoms, you will need to get it examined by a Physician.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.