Ask a Dentist   »  

Spots on tongue and roof of mouth, orange palette. What could this be?

Over the last few days i've started getting loads of painless little spots under my tongue and it's now spread to the roof of my mouth. I used the camera on my phone and the palette is orange and veiny with a lot of small spots. There no pain or discomfort, just feels a bit odd.
Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

After having a look at the image you sent and the description you gave, I suspect them to be minute sebaceous cysts which are not serious.

They may be caused due to deficiency of Vitamins specially Vit A , B and C or could be due to mild infection by non-virulent ( non XXXXXXX ) bacterial strains.

I would suggest you to take Multivitamins daily for at least 5 days and gargle with CHLORHEXIDINE solution for infection. Both will be available in pharmacy without prescription.

If there is any increase in size over a short period or formation of pus pointing lesions more than 3mm size then you may have to consult a specialist .Where it could be due to infection and you may be in need of antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.