Spot blood, cant urinate, constipation after tonsils removal. Taken movical powder. Prescribed amoxil, panadene forte. Reason?

Hi, I had my tonsils out 12 days ago, I could not eat ANY food for 10 days, I started to spot blood and have found it hard to urinate - I also have not emptied my bowels in 12 days even though I have taken 4 sachets of Movical (constipation powder) - My tongue is all furry and I seem to have bloody cuts in my mouth. I also have an itchy vagina and noticed tonight that there is a bloody cut when I open up the lip. :-(

My doctor prescribed me Amoxil and Panadene Forte.

Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

You are having constipation and UTI

This can be due to antibiotics

Take Vit B complex

Drink lot of water , juices , soups and semisolid diet like porridge , rice , curd etc

Take lactitol for motion under your doctor's guidance

Apply clobetasol ointment on vagina

You can also apply creams containing aloe vera and Vit E

Take probiotics which are good for mouth as well as vagina

Best wishes for speedy recovery

Any further query is most welcome