Spontaneous bursting of blood vessels on eyelid. Is it due to blood pressure medication?

I woke up spontaneous bursting of blood vessels on my one eyelid. thinking it maybe due to my blood pressure medicine. No aspirin taken
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 48 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The blood vessel that have burst is not a result of blood pressure medication. These medication instead prevent such issues. The blood vessel may have burst as a result of high blood pressure. The arteries that calcify in the late ages and develops hypertension lose their elasticity and when the pressure increases beyond their threshold level, they burst. It is a similar as it occurs in hemorrhagic stoke in which a vessel supply part of brain bursts and causes stroke.

It is recommended to have a continuous check on your blood pressure and if its uncontrolled, visit your doctor for adjustment of dose or change of drugs

If you still have some query, feel free to ask