Spondylosis detected in MRI after a fall, Bilateral sacral ileitis present. Severe pain in the lower back

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
DEAR DOCTOR MY NAME IS XXXXXXX ROODT I AM 38YEARS OLD AND FEMALE.I FELL FROM A SECONDARY FLIGHT OF STAIRS.MY X-RAYS AND MRI SCAN SAYS AS FOLLOW:SPONDYLOSIS AT THE FOURTH AND FITH LUMBER INTERVERTREBLE DISK SPACES.
THERE ARE EBURNATION AT THE FACET ARTICULATIONS OF THE LOWER LUMBER SPINE.
NEURAL FORAMINAE OF THE FOURTH AND FITH LUMBER NERVE ROOTS ARE NARROWED.
THERE IS EVIDENCE OF BILATERAL SACRAL ILEITIS.
BILATERAL MILD OA AT THE SUPERIOR ASPECTS OF THE ACETABULOFEMORAL ARTICULATIONS IS SEEN.SPONDYLOSIS OF THE FOURTH AND FIFTH LUMBER INVERTERTEBRAL DISC SPACES WITH ASSOCIATED NEURAL FORAMINAL SPACE LOSS.
I SUFFER FROM SEVERE PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK AND THE PAIN RUNS DOWN MY RIGHT LEG.NOTHING RELEAVES THIS PAIN.

Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Stroke

Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Respected madam,

Hello & my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I have read your history in detail.

You may be suffering from ?post traumatic spondylotic pain with radiculopathy L4/5, associated OA changes & sacro iliitis seems to be chronic.
My advice to you is

1. Continue taking analgesics with muscle relaxant to relieve pain

2. Try some pain modifying agents like tryptomer+ chlordiazepoxide combination & pregabalin to relieve neuropathic pain.

3. After achieving pain relief, get some regular physiotherapy.

4. Consult some joint specialist for sacroileitis & OA changes.

5 get a CT SCAN lumbosacral spine to see any bony changes & treat them accordingly.

Hope this solves majority of your problems.

Thanks

Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon