Sperm analysis done. Is there any alternate cure other than Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection?

Jul 2016

I had a sperm analysis done and reports are as follows:

Volume 2.6 ml
Agglutination (None Seen)
Viscosity 2
% Motility 64
Progression 2-3
%Normal Form 2%
Head-Piece defect 51%
Mid-Piece defect 47%
Leucocytes 0.7

I have been married for 6 months but we are still unable to conceive. Please suggest with above given sperm analysis figures. How serious are these figures and is there any other cure than ICSI?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 42 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the report of your semen analysis that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Terratozoospermia.

The percentage of sperms with normal forms should be minimum 15 % for effective fertilization of female egg.

Since you have only 2% normal sperm chances of natural pregnancy are rare.Frankly speaking there is no effective treatment to improve morphology of sperms.

The only option you have before you is to consult qualified Infertility Specialist and try pregnancy with newly assisted reproductive techniques like IVF or ICSI.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.