Sperm analysis done. Diagnosed with normospermia with infection. Any suggestion?

HIV AIDS Specialist
sir i done my sperm analysis which shows that m suffering from normospermia with sperm count is 75 millions/ml
. liquifaction 1 hour partial
.pus cell-8-10/hpf
epith cells-0-1/hpf
after 1 hour-actively motile 60%,sluggishy-20%,non-motile-20%
after 2 hour-active-30%,sluggishy-20%,non-motile-50%
3 hour ratio is 00%.05%,95%
motility grade-iii to iv
morphology of sperms-normal-75% pls suggest my report are ok if nt tell me some medicine thanku
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later

Your Seminal analysis reveals major aspects are normal, especially count, motility and morphology.

The problem is the presence of pus cells, more than 5 is not normal. It denotes infection of reproductive tract. Liquefaction time should be within half an hour. In your case that is an hour and that too it is partial. That may indicate a prostatic pathology, may be prostitis. Delay in liquefaction will lead to delayed release of sperms from the seminal coagulum and may affect one's fertility rate and correction infection may increase the motility further and improve the fertility rate.

The semen has to be sent for culture and sensitivity for nonspecific organism and specific organisms like Chlamydia, Gonococci, etc. As per the outcome of culture results appropriate antibiotics to be taken for 10-14 days will clear the infection and thereby increase the fertility rate.

Prostatic massage (not in acute prostatitis) that is done at weekly intervals will help to clear infection of prostate along with antibiotics. Culture from massage fluid also will help to fix the infection.

In the meanwhile your spouse also needs to be subjected for investigations of infertility as your main parameters are almost normal. Spouse also to be given the same antibiotics at the same time and abstinence has to be advised during the period of treatment.

All these investigations and treatment have to be done with the guidance of an infertility specialist.

In brief, except for the infection part your seminal analysis is normal. So do not worry.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Get treated soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Sperm analysis done. Diagnosed with normospermia with infection. Any suggestion? 15 hours later
sir thanks fpr your reply but plz tell me the medicine,which antibiotic i hv to take
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later

Pleased to answer your feedback query.

The exact Antibiotic can be chosen according to the outcome of seminal culture or prostatic fluid culture reports. If we put some probable antibiotic, it may not work well in most occasions. The culture report comes with what type of organism causes the infection of your reproductive tract and what exact antibiotics for which this organism will be susceptible and for which they may not be susceptible.

Moreover, how long you have to take and at what strength it has to be taken are to be decided by your treating physician.

Therefore, you consult your physician, under his guidance send the specimen for culture and sensitivity test and he will guide you to take the antibiotics.

Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan