Ask a Urologist   »  

Sores on penis, smelly. How to treat it?

I have sore like occurrences around my penis, it is cyst like and I can squeeze smelly stuff from it. My penis also smells sometimes like real fishy. What do I have and what can I treat it with?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The description you have provided seems like you are having a fungal infection which have resulted in such lesions. If you recently had any unprotected sex then it is strongly recommended to have detailed screening for sexually transmitted diseases to avoid any comlication.

For the current problem you can use topical antifungals like ketoconazole often available in combination with steroids for better healing.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Follow-up: Sores on penis, smelly. How to treat it? 27 minutes later
I've had this for awhile, it just comes back every now and then. So can I get the medication online? I just need to finally get rid of this, it's been a long time since I've had this.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 4 minutes later
Thanks for reply

If you are frequently having this problem then it might be possible that the source lies within your clothes or undergarments so try to use dry undergarment and avoid moisturized underwear. Also take care of hygiene.

The medicines are all on the counter available drugs and you get them easily. Also get antiallergic orally with the above mentioned medicine for better results

Follow-up: Sores on penis, smelly. How to treat it? 3 hours later
I've ordered the cream, I have sex with my partner and after oral sex, or sex, if I don't clean it smells like fish. So the pimple like cyst under my shaft, i squeeze out smelly stuff every now and then, your saying is a fungal infection? Above my penis in the pubic hair areal shows bigget then normal hair holes and is dark. I used to squeeze out dark stuff from that a fungal infection? So I apply it to the area and the should go away with daily does few weeks? Correct? I hope it works because I've had it ever since I had unprotected sex 15 years ago,I was tested for disease but didn't show any back then.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 21 hours later
Thanks for the reply

Now that you have mentioned, It is now obvious that your disease sexually transmitted. The foul smelling lesion is a common characterisitic of fungal infections and females are common carriers for them due to moisture environment of female genital tract. Apply the cream and do get to me after its effects

The dark spots on your pubic hair is not due to fungal infection but it might be due to accumulation of some sort of pigments in the hair follicles which if not causing any symptoms are harmless. However the lesions are probably due to fungal infection.