Soreness in the abdominal wall below rib cage. Getting pronounced when palpated

I have bilateral soarness lower region of abdominal wall just below the rib cage. It does not hurt, howeever, I have noticed it for sometime now and it becomes more pronounced when palpated. Moreover, the points almost feel like they have a diameter of a quarter. Blessings
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
You need to be investigated further.This problem could be either musculo-skeletal or gastrointestinal in origin.Only a thorough investigation can differentiate between them.An ultrasound whole abdomen and chest xray standing are needed as soon as possible.hepatomegaly need to be ruled out.
Also rib fracture,costocondritis etc need to be ruled out.I suggest that you need to see a doctor and undergo an examination and some tests.