Sore streak in groin area. Feeling fatigue and burning sensation in thighs. IGG and IGM negative. Concerned

I had an open streak like sore on my groin fold that would cause mild pain. Other symptoms included fatigue, tingling/buring in my thighs/groin area, lower back ache, and achey legs. I took 2 igg tests and an igm test that were both negative. Could I test negative but with these symptoms and have it?
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are describing can be herpes genitalis ,intertrigo, flexural psoriasis, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX disease etc.
Also I would like to know-
Since when you have this?
Is there any scaling or ulcers over genitalia?
Are there any inflamed swollen glands in groin?
Do you have any other skin lesions?
Any oral ulcers/lesions?
Which IgG /Igm test you took?was it for herpes?

Can you upload the photos of affected area ?
Photographs can help a lot in predicting the condition .
Answer the questions and upload the photos and we can continue the discussion.
Till the time you can use hydrocortisone 1%cream over the area.
Hope this helps .
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Sore streak in groin area. Feeling fatigue and burning sensation in thighs. IGG and IGM negative. Concerned 9 minutes later
I first noticed this about a week ago on the groin fold between my left thigh and groin. I also had a much smaller streak on the other side of my groin. It was red and had small cuts inside it, with a white skin border, emitting a small amount of clear fluid. It has now healed over for the most part and is a pink streak. The picture is how it looks now with the pink streak. I am still feeling a little tingling but not as much. The pain in my groin has subsided for the most part.

There were no red or swollen glands that I was/am aware of. I took two Igg test and an igm test for herpes. I believe the tests were CAPITA and both came up negative.
What do you think? Does it sound like herpes I've only had sexual relations with my girlfriend over the past 2 years. Could I have had it before we started dating (2 years ago) and it just came up? Also my igg tests were negative, isn't that a good sign??
Is there any other explanation for my symptoms such as tingling legs/tender groin besides herpes?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 11 hours later
Hi again,
Thanks for image.
It does not look like herpes at all. It looks like intertrigo.It is not a STD.It is a inflammation of body folds and mixed infection.It is a common and treatable condition.
You can apply hydrozole cream over the affected area. It is a mixture of hydrocortisone and clotrimazole cream. Apply it twice daily.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Use absorbing powder like ABZORB POWDER .
Avoid wearing inner garment at night .keep areation at the area.
Avoid any soap or other topicals on the area.
It will take care of the lesion.
It should improve by 15 days.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Sore streak in groin area. Feeling fatigue and burning sensation in thighs. IGG and IGM negative. Concerned 9 hours later
Thanks Doc,

I wanted to provide a timeline, I also have a few more questions. I am freaking out please help.

1/16/13 - symptoms start - burning nerve sensation inner thighs, legs, groin, scrotom, buttocks

1/21/13 - streaky sore shows up on left inner thigh crease where groin meets leg. Still had burning sensation, discomfort in groin, muscle aches in legs, lower back ache, and fatigue. Went to doctor and got two iGg blood tests taken and igm blood test taken for herpes. All tests show up as negative.

1/25/13 - symptoms have eased up rash has mostly healed over and is a pink streak (picture I sent you)

1) Could I test negative for herpes and still be infected?

2) Can intertigo cause the symtpoms I have described? Could another bacteria infection have caused the symptoms of nerve tingling, achy legs, etc.?

3) If this was my first outbreak, would my body have enough antibodies to be recognized by the blood test?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 23 hours later
To answer your questions-
1) Even in early herpes the test shows IgM positive .As the test are negative in your case,you dont have herpes.
2)Intertrigo can cause localised pain and tingling. Muscle aches & tingling elsewhere can be due to other infection or diseases .It is not related to herpes or any STD.
3) as said earlier even after first episode body produces IgM antibodies which can be detected by blood testing.Moreover clinical picture of yours indicate intertrigo and not herpes.

Hope this clears the things.