Sore penis, repeated sex, pain on urination. History of URT, solved with cystopurin, cranberry juice. Causes for sore penis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question

Myself and wife are trying to have another child. We had sex three times last week on thursday night, saturday night and sunday morning. I have found since sunday my penis is sore especially underside the penis (& this was not the case on thursday & saturday). It is only sensitive there, not where genital balls area is. Is there anything I can take with apart from painkillers to ease the pain. I am assuming that I have to abstain from sex for a week or two to let the reason heal itself. It pains slightly when I urinate also, but this does feel like URT as I have had that in the past & taking cranberry juice & cystopurin would ease that. I think it is the excessive sexual activity in the last 3-4 days that has caused this as I had abstained for sex for 2 weeks before last thursday. What are your thoughts?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Sore penis, repeated sex, pain on urination. History of URT, solved with cystopurin, cranberry juice. Causes for sore penis? 21 minutes later
Just to inform you that there is no rashes or anything of that type on the penis area (even on the helmet of the penis). It is sore when you touch it underside of the penis. I spoke to my pharmacist this lunchtime and he suggested taking a painkiller for a couple of days & see if that get rids of any inflammation.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 hours later
It seems that your penis shaft has suffered a traumatic injury after a rough or repeated sex. Usually this swelling or tenderness- to rule out hematoma formation.
You can start with tablet Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) 400mg, one tablet after breakfast and dinner for three days. Hot fomentation will also help in relieving the pain.
Abstain from having sex till the problem is over.
In case the pain increases or there is a swelling then you need to consult your urologist for good local examination and investigations to rule out any tear of penile muscles and few other investigations like doppler studies to check the blood flow to the penis.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Sore penis, repeated sex, pain on urination. History of URT, solved with cystopurin, cranberry juice. Causes for sore penis? 34 hours later
Will this cause pain when you ejaculate also? The pain has lessen of late, but some slight pain is there underside of the penis. Even the pain when I urinate has lessen also but not completely gone. At the moment, the genital balls are fine when touched. Should I abstain totally from masturbation & sex until the pain has totally gone, maybe for 2-3 weeks or so?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. Complete abstinence is a must till full recovery. Doing masturbation and having sex can aggravate any muscle tear.
I expect your pain to subside in 3-5 days and complete healing to occur in 2 -3 weeks time.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Regards.