Sore on tongue. Wondering if it is canker sore or an STD?

i have a sore on my tongue i was wondering if its just a canker sore or could it be an std, its pink and i have had canker sores before and it really feels like one but it just seems a little diferent, i have slept overnight with a dissolvable cankerr sore pad on it and it seemed to help a bit, i am a sexual active XXXXXXX male if u need to know that info
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 11 hours later

I have gone through the picture provided by you. Most probably, you are suffering from recurrent Apthous ulcer which appears after stress.

These ulcers disappear with good oral hygeine and vitamins.

Only syphilis in its primary stage can produce ulcer through oral contact if your partner has a genital ulcer. Chancroid produces multiple ulcers associated with regional painful lymphadenopathy. Hence you need not worry about these two infections.

If the lesion is due to viral infection. It may also resolve within a week.

So I suggest:
1. Good mouth wash with hexidine.
2. Topical application with kenacort in oral paste.
3. Supportive vitamins.

I hope, this helps to answer your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Prasad pvs