Ask a Dentist   »  

Sore knee after knee replacement. Can I go for a dental check up in this situation?

I have a dental apt today, just cleaning. My knee was replaced 2.5 years ago. I've never had problems with knee til Sunday. Think I irritated it by riding a bike that has too low seat. I know to take antibiotics 1hr. prior to dental apt. Is it safe to go to dentist when replaced knee is sore?
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 57 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us,
Without any further delay in answering your query, I would like to inform you that although the dental appointment for scaling might not be longer than half an hour, but lying over the dental chair for treatment may not be a too pleasant experience for you , therefore in my opinion it will be better for you to postpone your appointment until your knee pain disappears completely.
I would like to appreciate you for knowing about the antibiotic prophylaxis before starting with the dental treatment.

I hope this answer was useful,
If you have any further queries, kindly write back to us,
I wish you good health,