Soft, raised, red mole with hard scab. Area gets irritated. Could this be melanoma?

General Surgeon
I have a squishy raised mole with a hard dark scab like thing that I can't pick off... It's in a spot that gets irritated (chest near bra line) could this Be melanoma? It's symmetrical the rest is one colour and it's the same size since I've had it

Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 2 hours later

Thank you for posting the query.

Your description does not make it likely to be Melanoma.

It is advisable not to interfere with the moles trying to remove the scab; repeated infliction of injuries is harmful.

Best will be to consult your Surgeon and get a check up and follow the advice accordingly. If you are irritated about the site, it can be surgically removed.

It would be helpful if you can send a picture of the lesion to me, you have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.