Soft movable lump on ribcage. Doctor has said it is a fat deposit. Suggest a treatment to get rid of the lump?

General Surgeon
Just last week i noticed a soft movable lump on the bottom part of left ribcage.Its very small,may be 1cm in diameter.Its not painful.I go to gym regularly.My height is 5'8 and weight is 85(slightly overweight).I am doing crunches these days.I got really petrified as these days people can get cancer at an early age too.I have consulted a local physician in Delhi (India)and he say this is nothing but a fat deposit and said there is no need to worry.What can that lump be?What should i do next to pacify my fear?How will these lump vanishes?Shall i conduct any test?
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is Lipoma.Get it removed

Detailed Answer:
As per your query,it looks like Lipoma,fat deposit.
There are no medicines to dissolve it.
You get it removed by General surgeon and send it for Histopathological examination.It will confirm the diagnosis.
Most of the cancerous swellings are big,hard and are not mobile.So,do not worry.
Get it removed under local anaesthesia.There is no need for admission.
If you come back with Biopsy report,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Follow-up: Soft movable lump on ribcage. Doctor has said it is a fat deposit. Suggest a treatment to get rid of the lump? 9 minutes later
Thank You for the speedy reply.
How to do the Biopsy and from where one can do that(like any specific doctor does it). If i do not get it removed, will it cause any problem in future. Or shall i wait to see if it get dissolves gradually.

As you mentioned cancerous swellings are big and not mobile. Can this Lipoma be a threat and become cancerous one in future.

Shall i also conduct full body scan or what age one should conduct full body scan. I do not have a history of cancer in my family.I am really terrified when word cancer comes.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is not cancer

Detailed Answer:
A small cut is given over the swelling and whole swelling is removed and sent for biopsy.
It is done by General surgeon.
It does not dissolve.
Sometimes,it can increase in size and can become cancerous.Then it is called liposarcoma.
Get it removed and become free from the disease.
No need for any scan