Soft knot above navel, moves inward when pushed. History of polyp removal. What could this be?

my husband has a soft knot at the top of his navel its soft about the size of a dime and moves inward when pushed on also has pain when bending in the area,He 53 in good health.hes had polups removed about 5 years ago were negative has no other health issues.what could this be?
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A soft knot which is painful near the umbilicus could be a granuloma or lipoma. The presence of pain on pressure indicates the infection ion the area.
The cause can be due to retained foreign body like collection of fabric fibre, trauma induced infection due to scratching, allergy, improper hygiene as well.

Keep the area clean and dry. You may use cool pack over the site to reduce symptoms of inflammation. Avoid using soap or any irritant substance at or near the navel. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Eat food XXXXXXX in protein like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat for aiding in recovery from infection and boosting immune system.

It is best to consult a Doctor to look for predisposing conditions for this problem and also to look for any underlying causes from abdomen which can lead to infection as well.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.