Social anxiety and phobia. Treated with SSRI medications. Permanent cure possible through Stablon?

I am suffereing from social anxiety / phobia since last few years. I get lots of sweating during social situations. I had been treated with most of the types of SSRI (like paroxetine, Veniz, Fluoxitine, Ecitalopram etc) but no benefits. Also I tried propenolol, clonazeam etc. Can I take Stablon (SSRE) 12.5 mg? I read good feedback on Stablon on internet like less side effects etc. How will I completely get cured.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering from social anxiety/phobia and undergone treatment with SSRI (Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors).

Stablon (SSRE) is is a serotonin reuptake accelerator and works opposite to the action of SSRI's. Stablon medicine is used in major depression, depressed bipolar disorder, dysthymia or adjustment disorder. Stablon does not appear to be associated with adverse cognitive, psychomotor, sleep, cardiovascular or bodyweight effects and has a low propensity for abuse.

It is good drug, but before changing to this medication, you will need to consult your physician. If you stop your previous medication suddenly or add a new medication, there might be many side effects. There is a possibility you will get cured, along with this you can try other forms of treatment like cognitive behavioural therapy too.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Social anxiety and phobia. Treated with SSRI medications. Permanent cure possible through Stablon? 23 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for the prompt reply. I would like to know who are good CBT specialists in Pune (India). Thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Radhika 19 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for your appreciation. I am providing the address of the doctor below.
Shreeyash hospital, 2nd floor, Opposite to Chitale Mithai, Deccan, Near Garware bridge- Pune
Time - 11AM TO 1PM & 6- 9 pm Daily.

There are patient written reviews for doctors in our listing; those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.