Sneezes, dust allergy. Medications dont work. How can this be solved?

Since last one year I have continuous sneezes and sniffles in the morning, from the moment I am awake. It lasts up to 9 or 10 AM. Some doctor said it is dust allergy and there's no remedy for it unless it is really severe. I also got checked up from an ENT specialist who had prescribed me some tablets but those don't work as well. I am really tired of this continuous blowing of nose in between household morning chores. What can be done to completely get rid of it?
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I would ask you to go for a test called AEC (absolute eosinophil count).This test will ascertain the presence of allergic disorder in you and also provide information on the severity of the disease.

I assume the ENT specialist would have advised you antihistaminics which are first-line treatment for allergies.Steroids are better and low dose on long term will completely sure such allergies. For that you may first have to get the test done.

Do consult an allergy specialist or an internist for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Sneezes, dust allergy. Medications dont work. How can this be solved? 2 hours later
Will a Homeopathic treatment be effective?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

The effectiveness of Homeopathic treatment is always debatable as such treatments do take long time to show good results.

Since the risk involved in terms of side effects is low you can proceed to have it.

Hope I answered all your questions. Please use any answer clarification before closing and rating this answer. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.