Smoking marijuana. Why am I sweating at night?

hi i am a 30 year old male i hve been smoking marijuana for about 15 years now. some nights i sweat in my sleep, no other health problems to mention, i also smoke about 2 pacs of ciggerets a day. im not very over wheight , 5ft 5in about 200 lbs. could the smoking be causeing my night sweats?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Night sweats are due to fluctuations in temperature caused by the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) variations due to sympathetic over-activity caused by derangement in your autonomic nervous system by opioid neurotransmitters in marijuana.

You are a chronic opioid abuser, so you will need substitution therapy and maintenance followed later by weaning off gradually. All this requires medical care, and I suggest you get care immediately.

This is in the best interest of your overall health.

Let me know, if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me. Hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.