Smoked marijuana. Will it be detected in dot urine test?

Radiologist
Question
I smoked marijuana 38 days ago. will I pass a DOT urine test?
I am 510 190 pounds. drink water everyday. exercise a little bit
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later
DOT TEST is for drug and alcohol testing. It's quite long duration now. You will pass alcohol testing definitely. Because alcohol will clear in 3 to 4 days. However marijuana test depends on the amount you have taken before. Cut off level for marijuana in blood is 50 mg per ml.

Doing exercises and drinking water will not affect test results too much.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Smoked marijuana. Will it be detected in dot urine test? 29 minutes later
So your saying I could pass if i didnt smoke a lot? I took a couple of hits. I used to to smoke 2-3 times a week if that tho.

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later

You are correct, if you don't smoke lot then you can pass the test. However if you smoke 2 to 3 times a week for a long duration, then it will depend on the blood levels of the drug. It will be difficult to pass the test in such a condition.

Hope I have addressed your query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Smoked marijuana. Will it be detected in dot urine test? 32 minutes later
does weight have anything to do with it?

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

Weight has effect in short duration for distribution of drugs. In long term intake all body fat and cells get saturated. Effects and blood levels mainly depend on duration of use.

Thanking you.