Small red bumps in pubic area, looks like razor burn, spreading

i have small lil red bumps that look like razor burn in my pubic area. They have been there for two or more weeks. I talked and explained it to one of my friends that work at a free clinic and they told me it doesn't sound like an std. But now it is spreading.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Small red bumps in the pubic area without any pain or discharge can be due to skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection.

STD can also be suspected especially if you have been in contact with multiple partners and either of the partner is infected.

If the rash is sore, itchy, associated with pain, lump like, burning during urination and has any discharge then it can be indicative of any infection and requires evaluation.

Sometimes just itching can also be due to fungal infection and requires antifungal creams as Cotrimazole.

Some measures for you:

1)Apply icepack on the area and then observe for any changes.

2)Apply calamine lotion for relief from itching.

3)Keep the area dry and apply Neosporin powder and hydrocortisone ointment available over the counter at all the pharmacies.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.