Small black dots over the body. Are these from bug bites?

I am in china and have been here a week and have tiny very small almost not noticable black dots all over my body. What is it should I be worried? I just got these bites I don't have new details. Except I got it since I was in china. Could it be from my bed?
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to health care magic.
I am a medical specialist with a degree in cardiology sub specialty.

These black dots are usually not XXXXXXX and are normal occurrence on the skin. The reason it is caused is due top hyper pigmentation. Melanin is an ingredient in our skin that is responsible for providing the skin with color. Sometimes there are areas where there is an excess presence or formation of melanin and hence that particular area of the skin appears to be darker than the others. Your recent visit to China could have contributed by either of two mechanisms:

1. The exposure to the tropical sun. hyper pigmentation can happen to anyone
regardless of the type of skin color they have and are caused due to the over
exposure of ones body to the sun or
2. The over production of hormones in certain cases. These marks if treated will
eventually disappear and are not usually XXXXXXX at all.

Yes! If you plan to stay in China for long. See a local doctor asap! I’m not saying this to scare you. And, honestly, the black dot on your skin is probably not something serious, but any skin changes like this are important to get checked out. If you are returning back to the US, visit to doctor can wait for few days. Nothing great is going to happen.

Lastly, I do not think these are bug bites for those are usually red spots. I am equally sure that these are not beds otherwise you will not be only person complaining in the place you are staying.

With Best Wishes.
If you have any follow up query, I will be happy to answer.

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD(Internal Medicine) DM (Cardiology)
Follow-up: Small black dots over the body. Are these from bug bites? 13 hours later
I am going to be in china for two more weeks am I okay to wait till I get home. The dots are mostly on my arms and chest area and back.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks again,

So dots are on exposed parts only.

Unless number or size or spread of dots increase, you can wait till you get back. Otherwise, a consult with local doctor whom your travel agency or local hosts recommend will be advisable.

Hope this helps.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover