Slight indention on head after injury. Should I be worried?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
hi ...i was workin yesterday an order picker and was picking a few office chairs from a high location...the boxes weigh approx 60# and the way they are stacked are hard to reach...i couldnt reach the top one so i had to pull 2 just to get the one from the top...the top one kinda fell hitting me on top of the head with the corner part of the box mind u not real hard ...didnt stun me and i feel fine but today there is a slight indention on my head where it hit...not sure what to think
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later

Going through the history, it seems that the box may have caused a soft tissue injury to your head.
Watch out for any loss of consciousness, blurring of vision, repeated vomiting, bleeding from nose or ear, disorientation etc. Since you are not having these symptoms, it is very unlikely to have an injury inside the skull.

If pain is present, you can use over the counter analgesics such as Tyelenol. Hot fomentation to the area should reduce the pain and discomfort.

If any of the above mentioned symptoms appear, an ER visit would be required followed by a CT Scan of head.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.

Dr Shailja P Wahal
Follow-up: Slight indention on head after injury. Should I be worried? 21 minutes later
but does it go away or does the indent stay...that my question....nothng hurts and i feel absolutely fine...or is it permanent without any real damage?
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 7 hours later
Hello and thanks again,

Small indent is most likely due to soft tissue injury. It will go away with time.

Dr Shailja P Wahal