Slept only for 4 hours. Feeling blurred vision and dizzy. Had headache and CT scan result was normal. Suggest?

Nov 2013

days ago after sleeping only 4 hours and having long day at work, i put my son in bath, and immediately after felt blurry vision and saw some colors
this lasted half an hour
i then went to bed and when i woke up it was better
the next day i was fine, at night a little dizzy
today i woke up dizzy feeling like room spinning.. a month ago i had many headaches and had ct scan all was normal..
can this till be anything sinister

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 36
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely could be migraine with vertigo

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious neurological illness.

The most likely cause for your symptoms could be migraine with vertigo. Visual symptoms could be part of aura, that occurs before migraine attacks, and headaches and dizziness are part of migraine attacks.

Normal CT scan of brain excludes most serious problems in brain.

If symptoms are frequent, you may start preventive medications such as Topiramate or beta blockers.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist