Skin started getting dark after intake of expired oil. How to overcome this problem?

Dermatologist
Question
PART OF MY SKIN BEOME BLACK I THING WHEN I EAT AN EXPAIR OIL IN THE FOOD
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
This hyperpigmentation does not seem to have occurred due to intake of any particular food or oil.
The affected area appears gray in color , slightly thick and rough in comparison to adjoining skin and also shows growth of thick coarse hair.
To help you out, I would like you to answer the below mentioned queries specifically
1) area / site involved
2) since how long is it present and if you could elaborate how it evolved
3) if the overlying area is rough and develops pimples
4) if the area involved has more hair growth than adjacent areas.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Skin started getting dark after intake of expired oil. How to overcome this problem? 17 minutes later
Thanks

it is not gray it black may it is from camera

it is in around my chest

it is almost 15 years

not any develops or change seend 15 years

it has hair in my chest
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 7 hours later
It seems you are having a nevus known as Becker's nevus. It usually appears in adolescence or teens and is more common in males. The usual area of affliction is upper back chest or shoulder. It usually presents itself as XXXXXXX brown to black area of pigmentation with overlying coarse thick hair and acne lesions.
Treatment requires laser sessions to reduce the pigmentation. Q switched XXXXXXX or Nd Yag or Erbium Yag can be used for the same. No other therapy is as effective as lasers.
I would advise that you visit a dermatologist nearby to discuss treatment options.

You may visit the site to know more about this nevi WWW.WWWW.WW Hope that helped.
PS should there be no other query we may close the discussion.

Follow-up: Skin started getting dark after intake of expired oil. How to overcome this problem? 59 minutes later
Hi

Any medicine or cream ???

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 9 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
No medicines or topical creams work for it. Lasers are the only treatment option available.

Hope that answers all your queries.