Skin on inner thighs and on leg are sensitive. Feels like brush burn. Is it jock itch?

Ya my skin on my inner thighs and on my leg are real sensitive. Feel like it is a brush burn or a little chafted. I can even feel sensitive on my arms a little. I am guessing my skin is dry but it has been a few weeks really annoying. I can not see any redness anywhere so it is confusing why my skin feels this way. Any ideas or things to do. I was thinking baby oil after I shower. Could it be jock itch a least a mild case.

Any thoughts would help thanks
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 19 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Your symptoms may be related to xerosis cutis, or dry skin, because of depletion of the surface normal oils of the skin. Skin can become dry, scaly at times and very sensitive particularly to rubbing. A common cause of this is related to hard water. Instead of regular soap, you can use some of the hydrating body washes that some companies like Gillette produce, and after showering, a dry skin lotion, for example, from Neutrogena or Nivea would be ideal. Sometimes you can also mix a small amount of 1% hydrocortisone cream with the regular lotion for better results and faster relief.

Best regards,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN