Skin infection spread on back of hand and below shoulders. Suggest good medication

I have got an infection on my skin its spread on back of the hand and below shoulders where the skin is exposed out from clothes please suggest good medicines to cure
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it looks like eczema

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
I have gone through the uploaded image, it looks like eczema. It could either be lichen simplex chronicus or polymorphic light eruption( sun induced eczema)
To treat the same
1)Take tablet cetirizine two times in a day. This will control the itch and prevent lesion from becoming more severe
2)Apply steroid antibiotic cream like clobetasol gentamycin cream( clop G or cosvate G) two times in a day over affected area. This will help resolve the lesion
3)Avoid sun exposure and wear full sleeved clothes

Hopefully in few days the lesion should resolve. If not much result is seen in a week, please XXXXXXX a dermatologist nearby to get a prescription of oral steroids like prednisolone. Sometimes oral as well as topical steroids are required to treat eczema.

Hope this helped.
Follow-up: Skin infection spread on back of hand and below shoulders. Suggest good medication 2 days later
hi as prescribed i started the medication will see for 2 days and will let you guys know about it, actually i get this from my childhood when i do any medication it vanishes after some months again it appears the same way as attached, and only sun exposed areas will be affected is there any permanent solution for this
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
emollient and sun protection to prevent recurrence

Detailed Answer:
Please follow the prescription atleast for five days to see response.

To prevent further recurrence, keep the area well moisturised by using a good emollient cream and protecting it from sun by using a sunscreen. Also despite protection, if itching along with red bumps start in the area, use a steroid cream to settle it immediately. This would prevent exacerbation of the lesion.

Hope this helped.