Skin colour turning black on legs due to scratching. Looking for suggestion

Good
Question
I AM HAVING BALCK CLOURS IN MY LEGS, HOW CAN I CURE THIS , HAPPENED DUE TO SCRATCHING IN LEGS DUE TO IRRITATION .MY NORMAL COLOUR IS CUSACINE , REQUEST U A SUGGESTION
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The dark pigmentation on your legs is likely to be due to melasma.
It is due to overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells, melanocytes and although it is more commonly found in females, males may also get affected.
In males, it is difficult to treat.
To treat these dark patches, apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. Use a mild cleanser and if the skin is dry, a light moisturizer. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy XXXXXXX vegetables and take a daily vitamin supplement.
You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the dark patches.

However if the symptoms are severe then topical bleaching agents, chemical peels and laser therapy may be needed. These are available only under prescription and hence a dermatologist should be consulted for these treatment options.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Skin colour turning black on legs due to scratching. Looking for suggestion 17 hours later
Dear Ma'am

Thanks for your valuable sugestion.

As i have no idea about branded amond oil and skin creams as stated below which was copied from ur advice , request you to suggest a name available in the market/ medical shop.

You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the dark patchesa.

regards

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can use XXXXXXX Badam and triglow cream for the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.