Sinuses operation done to remove an inverted papilloma. Having pain in eye. Can this be cured?

General Surgeon
Question
I had my sinuses operated to remove an inverted papilloma. Recovery has been verynpainful. Today is the third day after the surgery and I have an eye that's very collapsed and hyrts as you move it around. When I drain my sinuses with the saline solution, I can tell the doctors worked on the orbits of my eye as I feeel the water going into the idea and it hurts. Should I expect the eye to heal itself? Should I expect a more complete recovery by tomorow the 4 th day?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 55 minutes later
Hi
I saw your photo.
It is the edema surrounding the eye that is seen.
It is not the disease of the orbit or eye.
Apart from antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug,please take TRYPSIN AND CHYMOTRYPSIN tablet which reduces the edema drastically.
Nothing to worry.
But,time cannot be predicted .
It will be reduced gradually.
Wish you speedy recovery

Follow-up: Sinuses operation done to remove an inverted papilloma. Having pain in eye. Can this be cured? 14 hours later
What is the active ingredient in Trypsin? Does it require prescription?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Hi
Trypsin is itself an ingredient.It is an enzyme.Chymotrypsin is also an enzyme.They will reduce the edema.
I think you have require a prescription.

Follow-up: Sinuses operation done to remove an inverted papilloma. Having pain in eye. Can this be cured? 2 hours later
Do you know someone that has gone through this operatiom? If s, would you warm then about the intensity of the pop op? It would seem to me, i was not made aware of the severe effects of the procedure and that is the way medicine is done in the us! I spent today the 4th day after surgery in emergency rooms all day

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Hi
I saw many people who undergone this operation.
Some people will get this problem,some don't.
Please do not worry.
As you had inverted papilloma,surgery is a must.Complications are seen even in minor surgeries .In the same way,many times major surgeries will produce no complications.
Even now,Please take a higher antibiotic or broad spectrum antibiotic like Clindamycin,
Cefuroxime and good anti inflammatory drug along with Trypsin and chymotrypsin.
Soft tissue swellings are more common in head and neck procedures.
Your swelling will come down gradually.
Do not worry at all.
Wish you speedy recovery