Side of head and ear hurts. Left side temple is tender and throat is sore. Suggest the cure?

ENT Specialist
Side of head and ear hurts.....also my left side temple is tender and my throat is soar. Any idea?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more info.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. You have not mentioned since how long this is happening or whether there is any fever. Is your hearing all right? Do you have a cold?

2. Get your throat, nose and ears examined. If there is pharyngitis (sore throat) and the ear is normal, then this is a referred pain from the throat (as there is common nerve supply). Sinusitis must be ruled out.

3. If this is of short duration (a day or two), get a prescription for an anti-inflammatory medication and other supportive medication (depending upon the other symptoms). If this is an ear infection, ear drops may help.

4. Hence I would urge you to seek medical attention. A simple examination will settle the issue.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.