Sickness and diarrhea in child. What should be done to get relief?

Hi my 3 year old has diora now he is just started being sick what can i do
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The main problem in diarrhea is water and electrolyte loss.
You must give oral rehydrating solution(ORS)to your child to prevent any dehydration.
Get the stool examined and if pus cells are found then culture of stool is advised and then antibiotic is prescribed according to the culture report.
If no pus cells in stool then there is nothing to worry as it will be all right in next few days.
However if diarrhea worsens or there are signs of dehydration,you must go to ER.
You may add some probiotic and zinc syrup along with oral fluids.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert o me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.