Sick for two days, stomach pain, burping post meals, loss of appetite, nausea. Causes and treatment ?

i been feeling sick for 2 days but sometime come and goes my stomach hurt i burp a lot after meals. i can eat anything because it make me feel sick and i feel nauseas
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Acute colicky abdominal pain with nausea and abdominal discomfort on eating usually is secondary to high gut infection - Jejunitis.

This may be secondary to a food poisoning - either
1) Toxin mediated where in most of the times you donot need antibiotics or
2) invasive bacterial - requires antibiotics and the course may be prolonged

Only way to differentiate them is by growing the bacteria in stool or blood, indicating an invasive disease.

If the stool routine examination shows RBCs and pus cells (>3-5/hpf), it may indicate an invasive disease.

Meanwhile avoid milk ( usually there is scondary lactose intolerence), Zinc containing multivitamin, prokinetics and some probiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up.