Should i be concerned over a single blemish on the head of my penis?

About a week ago I came down with a cold, then I noticed a single blemish on the head of my penis. It is not painful, itchy or burning. It's very small and slightly raised. I'm not sure what it is or how I should proceed to treat it, if at all. Please advise.
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fixed drug eruption/herpes progenitalis Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and understood your concern. I have seen the attached pics also. I could appreciate a lesion which seems to be fluid filled. It can be any of the following: 1) Fixed drug eruption: it is characterised by rash which appear within 1-4 weeks of taking any medication, with genitalia as a very common site of involvement. You have mentioned in history that you got cold a week ago. So, i will like to know whether you took some antibiotics or other related medication for that? 2) Herpes progenitalis: usually characterised by fluid filled lesions associated with burning sensation but at times may be asymptomatic. I will like to know the duration of the lesions? Kindly reply to my questions so that a possible diagnosis can be made and accordingly i will be able to advice you further. Stay healthy.
Follow-up: Should i be concerned over a single blemish on the head of my penis? 47 hours later
The lesion has been there for about a week and has NOT been accompanied by any itching, burning, or pain. I have not taken any medications, but do have a history of warts. As a child I had one on my hand and some on my lips. Is there a recommended over the counter treatment?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Imiquimod ointment.. Detailed Answer: Hello dear, Thanks for replying to my questions and giving a very good history of warts in past. If its a solid and asymptomatic lesion, it is very likely to be wart with additional history of similar lesion in past also. You may apply imiquimod ointment over the lesion thrice a week on alternate day basis. I am not sure if it is available over the counter; but it's the best remedies that i suggest for a wart. If you have further query, you may ask me. I will be happy to help you further. Stay healthy.