Should i be concerned about fishy smell of semen after intercourse?

Question
after intercourse or masturbation my orgasm smells a little fishy making me feel very insecure. My dr has ran test and told me its not any std or transmitted disease after treatment with metroonidozole vaginal cream its still lingers. Feeling very uncomfortable fearing having sex , embarrassed.
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern. See a man's ejaculate always smells fishy. This is not a problem. Still would like to know: 1. Your marital status 2. History of any premature ejaculation? 3. Any diabetes or any history of any disease. Please reply me with details would be happy to help you . Stay Healthy

Follow-up: Should i be concerned about fishy smell of semen after intercourse? 6 hours later
I am single. Premature ejaculation? I am a female, do females have pre mature ejculations????? No diabetes or history of disease in my family.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be a fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. If you are a female then also discharge from vagina can smell. Still if you have spontaneous white discharge you might be having fungal infection. You may discuss with your doctor about taking Tab Fluconazole 200 mg single dose. This would help if that fishy smell is due to fungal infection. Now about premature ejaculation. It's a state of mind. At the point of time when you are satisfied during the activity that is your so called ejaculation. I hope I am able to help you. Still if you have a query please ask me.