Should i be concerned about bleeding inspite of my polypectomy?

Hello, I had a colonoscopy yesterday in which a 45mm polyp was removed from my ascending colon. An endoclip was applied to the ascending colon for the purpose of hemostastasis. I was told to expect some bleeding, however I have seen a significant amount of blood in the toilet when going to the restroom. Is this something that I should be worried about? I do not feel light headed and have no fever or abdominal pain. However I have diarrhea. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion. When was colonoscopy done? What is your hemoglobin level? Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Should i be concerned about bleeding inspite of my polypectomy? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply Dr. Kini. My colonoscopy was done yesterday afternoon (Friday) and I do not know my hemoglobin level or what that is. The information they gave me post-op does not mention that. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, As your doctor said some amount of bleeding would be present after a polyp is removed. Since polypectomy was done only yesterday, you can wait for some more time. Since you do not feel light headed, it is unlikely that you are losing lot of blood. So just wait for a day. If it continues to bleed after that, go to your doctor again. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini