Should I stop my daily injections the day before the c-peptide test for an insulin pump?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have type 2 diabetes. I have half a pancreas from surgery to remove a pancreatic stone. I have never had an A1C test less than 7.3 since. What is the requirements to prepare for a c-peptide test for an insulin pump? I take a nightly injection of Januva and Humalog (sliding scale) before each meal. Should I stop my daily injections the day before the c-peptide test? I understand he information on this Website is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, evaluation or care from my physician or other qualified healthcare provider. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advice prior to C-peptide testing.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. If I was your caring doctor would advise to: - stop eating and drinking at least 8 hours prior to testing - stop taking your daily injections too a day before testing. I suggest to consult your doctor 2 days prior to testing to get exact instructions. You can contact the Lab where you tend to do the testing for further instructions too. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to me. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Bardha