Should I go for a stint placement for calcium build up in heart valve?

The clinic I am going to they are converting with my different doctors around the country what to do . I need heart valve surgery and had replacement 12 years ago. I have one that is leaking that was replaced and another on the other side has calcium in the valve and narroring it . they awant to do a stint on the leaking on. and can not fix the other one is to reskesy. Iwant to live please help is standart to have other doctors talk and give answers should I go to the surgeron with the most expersice to do it.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Heart chath&angiography before intervention... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concerns. Yes the wise thing to do in your case is to go in a specialized cardiologic clinic for a proper diagnosis and with a skillful staff of interventionist cardiologist (for percutaneous valve replacement procedures) and cardiac surgeons. Based on the data you provided, you have a leaking valve (the one that was replaced 12 years ago) and a calcified stenotic valve. Both valves theoretically may be treated via percutaneous procedures. If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to go for Heart catheterization/angiography in order to determine the best invasive strategy for you (if the valves may be treated via percutaneous or should be treated with surgery). This exams is the golden standard before going for any invasive procedures. Hope I answered to your query. Dr. Benard