Ask a Urologist   »  

Should I continue taking Geoflox inspite of these urine culture reports?

Hi, I got a urine culture report after having very mild fever and frequent urination. The reports says, Few pus cells and Many Gram negative bacilli seen. Colony Counts > 100000 Cfu/ml (Significant count) Result ESCHERICHIA COLI I have been taking Geoflox O for last 5 days and there has been significant improvement in my health condition. Should I continue taking the same?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue the same drug for another 2 days Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX your urine is colonized with a common organism E.Coli, which seems sensitive to the drug you took. As you have taken the drug for 5 days with good result, continue the same drug for another 2 days (total 7 days course) which will totally eradicate the organism. Take precautions to prevent further episodes of infection. All the best.