Ask a Dentist   »  

Should I consult a dentist for painless lump on the roof of my mouth?

I have a non-painful lump on the arch/roof of my mouth by my back right molar. The picture labeled view 2 shows it circled. Do you know what this is? Is this something I should see a specialist doctor about, a dentist or a primary care physician? Thanks, XXXX
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. Also thank you for submitting the helpful pictures of your current symptoms. I would advise you to see a physician for an examination and possibly referral to an otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throt doctor). It is, unfortunately, impossible to diagnose what this lump represents only from images. Because there are salivary glands, bone, and sinus tissues in this region, more examination and possibly imaging of the surrounding area is needed. Try to recall when you first felt this lump and how much it has enlarged, if at all. Also, try to recall any trauma to the area. this history will be helpful for your doctor. Again, thanks for submitting your question and I hope this was somewhat helpful. Take care, Dr G