Should I be worried if globulin level is in normal range?

should i worry if globulin is 2.0 but everything is ok?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear, the normal globulin levels are 2 to 3.5.
Therefore, it is perfectly normal for you.

There are two main components of serum protein, albumin and globulin.

Albumin is synthesized only in liver while globulin is synthesized in liver and plasma cells.

So if albumin is low it means there is some problem in the liver. But your liver is totally fine as the albumin is normal and even liver enzymes are normal.

A low globulin is not a thing to worry. However, a high globulin is a problem; it simply means you have an infection, as plasma cells increase in infections.

Hope I answered your query. Do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Thank you