Should I be worried about the hypodense lesion on my kidney?

Jul 2016

Do I need to worry about a 7mm hypodense lesion on my kidney identified as 'compatible with simple cyst'
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to be worried about. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that a hypodense lesion was detected on ultrasound scanning while you were investigated for cancer of the breast. These are normally painless simple cyst and most of the time congenital in origin .They are insignificant and need attention only when increase in size or get infected. Please do not worry and get your ultrasound scanning repeated every year to be rest assured about change in size and echogenicity. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Should I be worried about the hypodense lesion on my kidney? 49 minutes later
Hello, Thanks for your answer. It was picked up on a CT. I had done one 6 months before and it wansnt there. I suffer from Hypertension (150/95) so thought it could be related. I had one ├ępisode of proteins in urine with high creatine levels but otherwise the creatine levels in blood is back to normal and no further orange urine or extreme thirst. I am also post op for breast reduction but I really don't see how that could be related! Thanks for any clarification you could give me Best wishes, XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cyst is not rlatedto any illness. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up.This cyst is from birth and not related to any illness either in past or at present. It is always a benign cyst and most of the time detected when either ultrasound scanning or CT scan is done for some other reason. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.