Should I be concerned of swollen red leg?

May 2014

I fell a week ago. It did not hurt to walk on the leg I hit for a week. Now it is swollen, warm to the touch and red. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please consult doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Since you've been able to walk comfortably, any bone fracture or dislocation is ruled out. However with a history of cellulitis 6 months back, it is important to consult your doctor to confirm if there is subsequent soft tissue injury, limb edema and possibly cellulitis in the injured leg. Taking early treatment is the best in case you have cellulitis. The ankle fracture, if healed completely, may not have anything to do with your situation. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek