Shortness of breath,stress,blockages in heart.

56 year old female 5' 6'' , 230lbs shortness of breath. EKG at family doctor said abnormal three statements of infract (age indeterminate) look for possible blockage lower heart. he wants to do a stress echo test in a few days. I have had lots of ekgs and never had an abnormal result. Should i go to er and have them do an ekg where there are heart specialists to read the results?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

EKG interpretation needs a expertise with lot of experience . I do recommend you to visit the cardiologist for the EKG next time also, if the EKG turns to be normal getting a Stress test is a better way to rule out any cardiac illnesses.I consider it being a advisable test in people of your age as a part of routine general cardio well-being check up specially when with breathless, chest pain or Blood Pressure problems.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.