Shock like feeling while swinging arms. What is it?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Shoulder issues are common especially in the middle age men. they are usually caused by repetitive force on the shoulder are following a heavy work or exercise. In the first stages, the best way to manage this problem is to avoid those repetitive activities. If it does not help after some weeks (while it does), some orthopedic surgeons prefer to inject cortone inside the inflamed are. They examine to see if the trigger point is in the muscle or any parts of the joint. I am answering this question since it is a general issue and I was a family doctor for a while several years ago. Let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Shock like feeling while swinging arms. What is it? 17 minutes later
Hi it's not in shoulder it's not coming from above it like my tricep is being tazzed I don't lift weights it just happened while I put my water glass down now when I jar my arm by walking or swinging arm. It's not pain but imagine someone has a joke buzzer in there hand, only your hand is your tricep I jump and go ouch then pain goes away.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for explaining it. When there is such a pain when you bend your arm, the doctor thinks about snapping triceps syndrome. It can affect one of the nerves there and produces the pain you describes. It can be found on the physical examination. Sonography of the area will also confirm the entrapment of the nerve there. I wish it is diagnosed following exam and treated soon. Let me know if you have any question.
People also viewed
- What does spectic shock feel like
- What does septic shock feel like
- Is joint pain, stiffness, or swelling a side effect of aricept?
- Is muscle pain or stiffness a side effect of propylthiouracil?
- Is muscle cramps, pain, or spasms a side effect of ropinirole?
- Stomach pain constipation fatigue normal ultrasound advice
- Pigeon chest what could be done
- Coughs that feel like shocking
- Is muscle pain or stiffness a side effect of lupron depot-ped?
- Is joint or muscle pain or stiffness a side effect of serzone?
- Shock like feeling while swinging arms what is it
- Thyroid tests done anything to worry
- Cold chills sore throat difficulty in swallowing any ideas
- What causes feeling like having brain shocks
- Pale stool painful abdomen what do symptoms indicate