Shiny black mark inside belly button. History of turners syndrome. What can the mark be?

Infertility Specialist
I have a shiny black XXXXXXX inside my belly button what could this be
I noticed it yester day
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

There are 2 possibilities for the shiny black XXXXXXX you are observing in your belly button:

1) It might be a dead and dried skin which slowly falls off by itself. Sometimes unknowingly your fingers might have caused trauma and the local area might be healing now. Hence the skin will regenerate and the XXXXXXX would go soon.

2) You have mentioned in your history that you have Turner's syndrome. Many people with Turner’s syndrome have multiple pigmented nevi (black marks) on the body. You might be having one in your umbilicus.

In either situation no active treatment is required. You please wait and watch for 15 days if things can get back to normal by disappearing of black XXXXXXX

I hope I answered your query. I will be available to answer any other queries you have. If no more queries, please accept my answer and close this discussion.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol