Shaved pubic area, had sex, rashes. Used lube. What can this be?

I have recently shaved my pubic area and had sex my with my wife we used lube as well and I broke out with a rash all over my pubic area. It's itchy but not painful. What is it? I can send a pic if needed. I was not able to upload.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 26 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems like you are allergic to the lubricant you have used. At this point in time, I would suggest you take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily and Tablet Benadryl 1 tablet at bedtime. You can take this for 3-4 days. Keeping the area clean and dry should be your other priorities.
Not using the lubricant again and these measures should help you deal with this. Do send me a picture if its possible. You can use the 'Upload your reports' feature on the right.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.