Sharp stabbing pain in ear, right eye & head, bit of tic in right eye

I have a sharp stabbing intermittant pain in my right ear, similar pain around my right eye & a bit of a tic in my right eye, also a similar pain in the right side of my head when the pain in my ear hits!
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 34 minutes later

Treatments of your problems depend upon finding the cause for your symptoms.

To know the cause, I would like to have some additional information from you.

Since when are you having this pain?

Is it happening for the first time or has it occurred on earlier occasions also?

Are there any sneezing or cold symptoms present?

Is there any fever?

Is there any fullness in your ear?

Is there any discharge from your ear?
Is there any history of any blast injury causing a difference in pressure of XXXXXXX ear with external ear?

Is there any history of poking by any foreign object?

Is there any pain in your teeth or in your jaws as sometimes referred pains may be felt in the ear?

Is there any dizziness or ringing in the ear?

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Sharp stabbing pain in ear, right eye & head, bit of tic in right eye 16 hours later
The pain started about 2 hours before I contacted you & this is the first time it has occurred.
No is the answer to all other questions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 33 minutes later
The first time pain at your age is generally is less likely to be due to ear infection and your reply seems to confirm that.
The chances and more likelihood is it to be a referred pain coming from other places like teeth,temporomandibular joint or throat.
You can take an OTC anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for two days.
Contact your doctor if
Your symptoms don't improve in 48 hrs
There is dizziness
If some new symptoms appear
There is some swelling in and around ears
There is weakness in facial muscles